join us

Be Part Of The Team

At Textile Town we work at the cutting edge of digital textile print technology and textile product production. Our staff have a wide range of backgrounds. These include staff with degrees in Surface Pattern Design, Fashion Design, Supply Chain Management , and IT and bring beadth and depth of experience in a variety of print, manufacturing, retail, and IT sectors.

What unites our team is a passion for delivering stunning solutions. Whether it is  covering thousands of stadium seats for a major event, making film props, a fashion show project, a printed tablecloth for a farmers market, or a sample of printed fabric for a home craft project.

Our Production Team get to work with the very latest in digital print technology including ongoing manufacturer led training and get to attend industry events to keep up to date on industry trends.

Our Customer Service Team support our customers to ensure they get the right solution for their needs. This requires a high-level of product knowledge and understanding for which full ongoing training is provided.

We have staff based in London and South Wales with the possibility for Sales and IT staff to be based anywhere in the world and work remotely.

Join The Team

Trainee Textile Print Specialist – Bridgend – South Wales

UPDATED: 17th July 2022

We are looking for a graduate with a degree in:

  • Surface Pattern Design
  • Fashion Design
  • Graphic Design

Or related subject. If you have a good practical understanding of computer garphics and an enthusiasm to develop a career in the textile design and print industry please take a look!

You don’t have to be an expert, but you will be confident working in both Photoshop and Illustrator. You will be looking to develop a career where you can make use of your skills and knowledge and interest in design and print or fashion.

You will need to be able to learn at a fast pace about the exciting world of ‘on demand’ digital textile printing and production for fashion, interiors, and events.

You will be involved in producing everything from film & TV props to fashion items and bespoke interior design solutions. You will be working with and learning from a small team where you will get the opportunity to be involved in everything from customer design briefs to managing sewing projects.

The big focus however for your first 6 months of training will be ‘hands on’ with the digital textile printing process. At one end it requires strong computer based graphic file management skills. At the other end it involves large industial wide format printer operation. This is very ‘hand on’ and includes maintenance, quality control, material handling, and colour management.

You will also work closely with sales to help develop solutions for specific customer projects. In other words. You will be on your feet about 70% of the time and you will be sitting in front of a bank of computer monitors the other 30% as you learn the whole process from end to end.

We offer a salary and role review after 6 months plus the opportunity for further development in other areas of the business. Plus you get to work with a small friendly team where there is a real emphasis on team work and role sharing to turn customer requirements into high-quality finished products.

Immediate start available but any existing holidays bookings will be fully respected!
If this sounds like one for you, please apply and we will get back to all candidates promptly.

Illustrator Skills
Photoshop Skills
Passion For Design
Textile Skills
Hands On Enthusiasm

Apply now